Shortlisted for Best Regular Spoken Word Night in the Saboteur Awards 2019
What is Flash Fiction Armagh?
This is an event featuring Flash Fiction writers reading their work to an enthralled audience in Armagh. It differs from Open Mic in that the readers are selected ahead of time, based on their submission quality, and the evening follows a set programme.
Flash Fiction Armagh provides a platform for writers to experience immediate audience reaction to their work – a valuable resource for those who sit all day in a room by themselves writing. We aim to entertain and provide an opportunity to mingle and make friends. We encourage people to attend the event whether they write, read or prefer to listen.
Entries are encouraged from:
- Experienced writers
- Authors who can extract a short section from their books
- Irish Language writers
- Ulster Scots writers
- New writers
- Poets whose poetry reads like prose
Please email your 200 – 750 word submission within the body of your email (no attachments please) to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the event (e.g Flash Fiction In Georgian Armagh) in the subject line.
Réamonn Ó Ciaráin, Armagh author of Laoch na Laochra: Scéal Chúchulainn, and Chúchulainn: Ulster’s Greatest Hero, will help curate the submissions.
It is free to enter, but please only submit up to three pieces of work.
- You must be available to read at the event.
- If you are not selected for your chosen date we reserve the right to invite you to read your submission at a subsequent Flash Fiction night.
- We plan on having 3 or 4 per year, so no need to resubmit the same piece again.
We don’t mind if you submit work that has been submitted elsewhere or that has already been published. Authors are welcome to bring copies of their books to sell.